Refugio Incident Claims Process
Plains All American Pipeline has identified itself as the "Responsible Party" for this oil spill.
In order to help potential claimants submit claims to Plains All American Pipeline for removal costs and damages, here is a hyperlink to the Claimant's Guide that was produced by the U.S. Coast Guard's National Pollution Funds Center:
Plains All American Pipeline regrets if this accidental release has had an impact on you or your business. A claims line has been established to address personal and business losses due to the oil release.
- If you feel you have been impacted by the Refugio crude oil release, call our toll-free claims line, 866-753-3619.
- The call center is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to handle claims.
- Once you have made your claim, it will be assigned to a claims representative.
- The claims representative will contact you to set up an appointment.
- The claims representative will review the claim with individuals/businesses to determine the total loss.
- A claim will need to be accompanied by receipts or other support to substantiate your claim. Any exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
- Valid claims are paid in conjunction with receiving a completed release or interim release settlement agreement.
- We typically expect payments to be made within 10 business days following the submission of all documentation.
- Camping reservations have been cancelled through June 25th, 2015 in an effort to expedite clean-up efforts. Campers with reservations during this time will be provided a full refund through Reserve America. Campers with reservations that experienced additional impacts from the Refugio crude oil release should call the toll-free claims line, 866-753-3619.